To use VA educational benefits at Excelsior you must:
- Qualify with the VA for educational benefits.
- Enroll in an Excelsior degree-seeking program.
- Take courses or Excelsior College® Examinations (ECEs) that apply toward your remaining degree requirements.
- Watch Excelsior’s webinar: How to Use Post 9/11 Benefits
- Post 9-11 FAQ (PDF)
- Steps for Full Monthly Housing Stipend (PDF)
Current VA Educational Benefits Programs
The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) administers all of the educational programs listed below. Many veterans and active duty personnel can qualify for more than one of these benefits.
Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Post-9/11 GI Bill VA web page
- Post-9/11 FAQ (PDF)
- Post-9/11 Application, Enrollment and Course Registration Process (PDF)
Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB – AD Chapter 30)
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty (MGIB-AD) VA web page
- MGIB Application, Enrollment, and Course Registration Process (PDF)
Montgomery GI Bill Select Reserve (MGIB – SR Chapter 1606)
- Montgomery GI Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR) VA web page
- MGIB SR 1606 Application, Enrollment, and Course Registration Process (PDF)